Bridge and Design Science jointly present a Qmed webinar on February 22, 2012 11 am PST/2 pm EST. Diana Greenberg, Bridge’s Director of User Experience and Design Science Principal & Founder, Dr Stephen Wilcox will draw on their considerable experience in designing easy to use, engaging and safe user interfaces for medical products to lead a discussion about what it takes to develop such interfaces.
- Understand what your specific users and stakeholders mean by “ease-of-use”
- Appreciate the fundamentals of good usability
- Know the criteria to help you choose the right style of interface (e.g., touchscreen or soft key-based, or using other input devices)
- Understand how to integrate a UI into the other components of your medical device or system
- Create that customer-appealing interface
- Develop an optimal prototype-test-iterate process with your users that will validate its usability and smooth the path to regulatory approval
- Deliver the UI to the software development-team in a simple and clear way that is as easy to implement as possible
Attendees of this webinar will get immediately actionable ideas on all the above topics as well as access to downloadable articles and whitepapers that provide data and further explanations of good practices and processes.
Bridge Design’s Director of User Experience, Diana Greenberg, and Design Science Principal and Founder, Steve Wilcox, will provide the core content of this webinar.
- Articles are from MDDI in May & July 2007 and outline Bridge’s approach to designing medical UIs:
- A workshop session on touchscreens from Design & Manufacturing Conference 2011 chaired by President of Bridge Design, Bill Evans